Category Archives: Online Marketing
Explaining SEO, Role by Role (SEO for CEO, CTO, Web Designer, Web Developer, Sales Manager, Content Editor..)
To make a valuable impact, SEO has to be understood by more than just an organisation’s search marketers. This post suggests how to explain the concepts, and get buy-in, from different people within an organisation.
I’ve chosen some of the standard roles that you may find in a company or organisation with a web-presence and for each one have listed:
- Their role: a description of their position within the company and their responsibilities.
- Persuade them: once you’ve described SEO, this gives something extra to get them excited about the possibilities of SEO for them / their department, to help get them on side.
- Ask them: I’ve tried to list one particular request you can make to people in each role to benefit the SEO process within your organisation.
In addition, you should remember to give back to each of these stakeholders. There’ll be some metric, data or graphs that will demonstrate to them the ongoing effect they are having on the project, how it has benefited the organisation as a whole, and (for bonus points) how their role has benefited from SEO success. Inspiring people in this way leads to their ongoing commitment, and a successful organisation full of motivated, happy people.
- Their role: Responsible for the whole company; interested in the ‘big picture’ and needs to be able to justify decisions and costs to the board and shareholders.
- Persuade them: SEO gives a competitive advantage in attracting visitors and customers. Though it requires an initial push of effort, and ongoing resource, the work will show a demonstrable ROI, they’ll be provided with regular figures for the board about the profit generated by SEO efforts.
Is there a new algorithm update of Google coming soon? Will Google Officially name it as Google Zebra Update?
Seems Google is now dealing with different animal names for their updates to protect endangered species, including Panda, Penguin, but is it worth enough to consider Zebra as an endangered animal and giving it’s name to it’s new update.
Or, it is just a rumor spreading all over the internet from yesterday that Google is going to roll out new update with name as “Zebra Update”.
Will Google Zebra Hit Social Marketing?
Will it work against spam content?
Will it Wipe All Websites Off From The Web?
Or something else is there in Google’s mind?